11/11/16 Veterans Day

Another week of work and creativity gone by.We were at our final process of our holiday cards I chose to make a design of a wreath with the word joy in cursive. Which came out how I wanted it with a little play with the shades of green.On to my second design I made a Hanukkah card with candles made out out the letters and using a blue to correlate with the holiday themed colors.After finishing that project we had a week to learn new skills I used that week to edit photos on photoshop, create an invitation and photoshoot I got hired to work on which was a bit difficult but overall came out exactly what they wanted and then moved on to youtube tutorial and made a poster of John Lennon which was inspired by my love for the beatles and used words on half of his face by my favorite songs by them and the years they were a band (1960-1970) I was a bit difficult to make because the quick selection tool was not working my way which took me a lot of trys. After the details to the hair was m next challenge and then the shading to the face and the letters to show enough face to know who it is and brighten the words to make it eligible to read but overall was pretty impressed on my final out come.Job shadowing is coming soon and ive called a couple of places to ask and confirm for the date of December 1st but most aren’t able to shadow or are put of town and which maybe leads me to doing it November 13th with Hannah Ruth at her studio in Market Commons.Duplicates Ink was our next adventure as a class which we took on Friday. I liked the fact that they talk more about design and gave us more knowledge about types of printing and prices which I learned something new on top of our other visit to Sheriar Press.We also got to see a couple of veterans at Duplicates Ink and I saw others throughout the day and gave thanks to there hard work,dedication,and bravery to our country.

john-lennon